Monday, February 4, 2013

When the going gets tough.....

I was sick last week. It seems like lately (more like the past 6 months), I get into an awesome groove and then get derailed. It is knee pain, ankle pain or I get an awful cold/ear infection. Through all this, I just refuse to give up on me and my goals.

I am doing 2 things right now.
1. I started "New Rules of Lifting for Women". Great great great!
2. It is once again half marathon training time. This time, I am kicking my best time(2:16:00) in the ass and doing it in less time.

Every day I wake up and think 'Ouch! I am so sore. I love it!'. I am loving my workouts lately.

Starting the New Rules of Lifting for Women and half marathon training will be tough, but I know I can do it. My workout routing for the next few months will look a little something like this:

Monday-New Rules of Lifting and 30-60 minutes elliptical
Tuesday-3(progressing to a 5 mile run) Mile Run and 20-30 minutes of elliptical, stairs, or bike
Wednesday-New Rules of Lifting and 30-60 minutes elliptical
Thursday-3 Mile(Speedwork) Run, 20-30 minutes of additional cardio if I feel up to it
Friday-New Rules of Lifting and 30 minutes easy elliptical
Saturday-Long Run
Sunday-Rest day

I may buddy up run days and lifting days occasionally. I am sure I will take an extra rest day from time to time. I am excited to have a focused strength training plan during half marathon training. I have not done that before. However, after only 2 weeks I am starting to tell a significant difference in my running and my legs.

I leave you today with a picture that totally cracks me up.
Who needs 2 lenses anyways? 

I hope y'all have a great week!


Are you training for anything?

Have you ever done the New Rules of Lifting for Women program?

1 comment:

  1. I have never done it - excited to hear how it goes!!

    I'm supposed to be training for a 5k, but it hasn't happened much. Gotta get on it!

    Glad things are going well!!!

    ReplyDelete