Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tackling My Goal....

So, as I mentioned in my last post, I have a goal of PR'ing this half marathon. I am following the Hal Higdon half marathon novice 2 plan. However, I am tweaking it to fit my needs. I will only be running 3 days a week versus 4. My weeks will consist of 1 speed work day, 1 3 Mile Run, and a long run. I feel this is what works best for my body.

For my first half, I did run 4 days a week and I felt fine most of the time, but I was really burned out. I am hoping 3 running days will help me feel less burned out at the end of this training period. I have some bigger goals for 2013 and being burned out early will not help me get to those goals. Ha!

My goals for the SLC Half Marathon are:

1-To finish with a smile on my face.
2-Beat my best time of 2:16:00

Simple and attainable goals for this girl. I can't wait to post the updates to my training!!

No comments:

Post a Comment