Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Today started at 5:02 AM for me. My alarm went off for 17 minutes before I got up to turn it off. Oops! Oh well, I still got up right? As soon as I was up, I changed, got my Fitmixer Amino's ready, and hopped in the car to go to the gym. The plan was a 2-3 mile run.

Usually when I say 2-3 miles, I make it 2. Today, it was different. I knew I wanted to run 3 miles. I have 2 half marathons coming up in October and I would love to PR in at least 1, if not both. So, I have to start getting used to the distances again. This morning, I ran 3.01 miles in 31:12. Not bad for me. I did stop to walk 2 times for a minute or so. I am really proud of myself for pushing my mind & body to get to the 3 mile mark. I haven't ran that far in forever.

While getting ready for work this morning I just kept thinking, 'Why do you constantly sabotage yourself? The only person getting in your way is you!' It is so true. I am the one who decides to sleep in, lay around on weekends/after work, and hit snooze on my alarm clock. Why do I do this to myself? I don't know, but you bet your ass I am going to find out and break that habit! That stops now!! I have been within 10 pounds of my "what I think I could maintain" goal weight. Then, I gained 20 pounds. I love working out and eating healthy as a lifestyle, much more than I love this extra 20 pounds ;)

I am off work tomorrow. Yay! It will consist of a morning workout(elliptical and fitmixer) followed by a trip to Nordstrom Rack and a lunch/movie date with my main squeeze.

How do you sabotage yourself? 


Any fun plans for the 4th?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, there are way too many ways I sabotage myself to list! :)

    I hope you had a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete