Sunday, August 12, 2012

Halloween Half Week 1

8/6/2012-Rest Day 
I love it when training plans start out with a rest day. Haha. I kicked this training day in the pants ;)

8/7/2012-3 Miles in 29:24
I decided that all shorter runs will be speed work. I have some goals in mind(more on that later) for this half marathon and I have to get speed work done in there.

8/8/12-20 Minutes Elliptical/back & bicep lifting
This was supposed to be a 2 mile run. However, I don't like running 2 days in a row. So, I did the elliptical instead and did Jamie Eason's Live Fit Day 16. I will be strength training throughout this training plan. I want to build some muscle.

8/9/12-3 Miles in 29:16
I did speed work again. I would love to be doing 3 miles in 27 minutes by the end of this training cycle. We'll see how it goes.

8/10/12-45 Minutes Elliptical 
The gym was super hot. I did this workout on manual at an easy pace with some HIIT at the end.

8/11/12-Long Run 4 Miles @ 42:39 (10:39 avg pace)
This run was done on the treadmill. The gym was HOT again and I had to keep stopping because I needed to cool down. 1.5 miles into it a treadmill freed up that had the fan positioned onto it. You better believe I ran to get it to finish the last 2.5 miles. It was a little cooler, but still warm. Overall, it was a decent run. I was tired until the end and picked up the pace for the last mile.

8/12/12-Rest Day
Today I have been lazy. Just doing laundry, planning lunches for this week and napping. Half training really can take it out of you.

This week's training went pretty decent. I was sluggish at the beginning of each run, but I pushed through and felt great at the end. I only got in 1 day of strength training. However, it is one more day of strength training than before, right? Right!


Onto week 2...Yay!!




3 comments:

  1. Nice training. Starting with a rest day is the way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haunted house
    http://bestforhalloween.com
    Horror and Halloween Link Directory. Add your site for free. Horror authors, Halloween props, Halloween sound, Halloween costumes, Haunted houses, all horror related sites are welcome to join.Scary House

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey ma'am!!!
    So...as I was thinking about blogging again, I thought about you!! So...I looked up Miles in Murray as soon as I got my mojo back!!!! Thanks for the encouraging words! I can't wait to post and share this journey!!! I'm really ready this time!!! By the way, mama, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK :)

    ReplyDelete