Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Groundhog Day......

Today's workout....let me tell you.....Today's workout was a doozy! It all started with 10 easy minutes on the elliptical to wake my body up a little bit. I followed that up with a variation of Jamie Eason's LiveFit Day 29 Back workout. I used heavy(for me) weights and increased the reps. Then, it was time for the first run of week 2 for half training. The schedule called for 3 miles. I decided I wanted it to be a speed workout and set off to finish the 3 miles in under 29 minutes. Well, I did it. Piece. Of. Cake.Cake?Yes Please. Ahem! I finished in 28:17. That is really fast for me. It was hard and I really had to push, but I put my mind to it and I did it.

Work today was good. Nothing huge happened to speak of. Just another day. Do you ever feel like everyday you wake up and it is Groundhogs Day? I feel like that quite often. I guess that is just part of being an adult. You get up, go to work, go home, do chores, cook dinner, and go to bed. Sometimes it drives me crazy, but such is life.

Moving on....

After work, I came home extremely chipper. I was giggling and taking tons of pictures for facebook(page for the blog is forth coming) and instagram(Miles_In_Murray). Chadley is setting up a new fish tank. Right now, he has a 60 gallon tank and is upgrading it to a 150 gallon. So, I put our dog inside the new tank to see just how big it will be....


Yeah, this thing is effing massive. I love that he has a hobby he enjoys. It is just a hobby that takes over the whole living room lol.

After dinner, which was roast beef salad. Paleo Style! I went grocery shopping for more Paleo friendly foods. I have decided that I have got to clean up my food, like now. I have been depressed lately about the way I look. I have been fitter than this and thinner than I am now. I miss it. So, I am going to start eating Paleo and see what happens. It will be interesting to see if some of my recent stomach "wonkiness" was due to dairy, like I have suspected. I am so excited about eating Paleo. I did for a while when I was losing weight before, but quit staying on top of the planning and prep work. Not this time, I miss how I felt when I was eating almost 100% clean. Gotta get back to it.

Now, it is time for this girl to get her booty to bed! Thanks for stopping by! I have a lot of Google Reader to catch up on tomorrow, as well! So, you will be hearing from me soon!

3 comments:

  1. That picture of your dog is too cute!! How funny.

    Good for you for wanting to eat cleaner, healthier! I'm excited to hear more about what you like on the Paleo diet. I keep hearing about it - but know nothing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear by Paleo! So glad you are joining the lifestyle. We can be Paleo pals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts make me smile!!! Thanks for sharing your workout stuff. It really motivates me to get my butt in the gym with that kind of enthusiasm. After all, no one regrets going to the gym!!!

    ReplyDelete