Sunday, April 22, 2012

Talking about food...

It's amazing what reading old blog posts can show you.

For the past few weeks months, I have been in a food rut. I am embarrassed to admit that I have been eating way too much fast food and not near enough veggies. Early last year through September, I was on a schedule of grocery shopping and meal prepping every Sunday. I have done that only a handful of times since then. I have allowed the "No Time To Prep Meals, So Fast Food/Restaurant It Is." It is true though....the more crap you eat, the more crap you crave. Well I am tired of eating the crap! I am tired of gaining weight! I am tired of being TIRED because of what I eat. Yes, I exercise 4-6 days most weeks, but that is not enough. My food has to change! 

When I went back and read some of my older posts(when I was maintaining a weight of 124), I realized that I was eating clean food that I love. I was putting effort into meal planning and eating food that was good for my body(and I LOVED!!). I cared to make the time to prep good meals and put thought into what I wanted to eat during the week.

This was the first camping trip of last season. That is my afternoon lunch, which was later followed up by 2 pieces of chicken and some fruit. This was a daily thing and I could NOT get enough. Veggies, Protein and a healthy carb were on tap for every meal.

I remember having so much energy. I would come home from a long run and be hustling and bustling around the house like a mad woman. Cleaning, doing laundry, playing with the pups, and going on walks with Chad. I miss having that energy and I realized it has a lot to do with what I am eating.

So, I am challenging myself this week.

  1. I will be going back to my clean eating. Also, will be doing no sweets. Cakes, cookies, candy ice cream, etc. 
  2. I will make a meal plan and prep all of my breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks.  Along with calorie counting.
  3. I will be doing LiveFit workouts before work Monday-Friday. 
  4. I will take the pups on more walks this week.
  5. I will unplug from the computer at night and just spend time with my little family. 
It is time I get my weight and eating back under control. I miss having the confidence to put on a swimsuit and not feel terrible in it.  I want to feel the way I did when I finished my half marathon. Like I was unstoppable and my goal weight was achievable!

Goal Of The Day: Grocery Shop and Meal Plan/Prep


Here's to a great week!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I have been having the same struggle! I used to be so good at food prepping on Sunday - and haven't done it for ages now. You can do it girly. You know how - it's just making it happen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your motivation. I need to reevaluate my eating too, so thanks for the inspiration. Share any recipes you come across!

    ReplyDelete