Thursday, January 27, 2011

Creature of Habit....

First off, WELCOME TO MY NEW HOME!

Today has looked a little like this:
  • Woke up at 5:00AM. Laid in bed for 8 minutes.

  • Hit the gym for...28 minutes on eliptical. I then followed it up with an 8 minute walk on the treadmill and jogged for 7 minutes.I did 1.25 miles in 15 minutes. Not horrible. It was a nice cardio session.
  • Post workout meal: Protein powder, blueberries, spinach, banana and water.
Now, I am drinking my coffee. Sounds like a good day so far.

Typically, my days are the same as far as food goes.


Breakfasts During the Week: I have a few different breakfasts. 1-Oatmeal with PB and banana. 2-Greek Yogurt with cereal sprinkled on top and a banana. 3-A breakfast sandwich with fruit. 

Lunch During the Week: 1-Turkey or Tuna sandwich with a side salad and fruit for dessert. 2-Soup and a side salad. 3-Salad with protein(i.e. chicken, tuna, pork etc). 4-Leftovers from dinner and a side salad.

Dinner During the Week: We have a few signature dinners. 1-Carnitas. 2-Tostadas. 3-Chicken fingers. 4-Baked Chicken and rice. All of which start with side salads.

Weekends are all over the place. I try to stick to the same types of foods, but I am not structured in times I eat, like at all. I also tend to snack a lot. So, weekends are always a challenge for me, but I am hoping to grasp that and really get a handle on them.

Here is a before picture I just found of myself:
 I either had a food baby in there or I really was that big, but in complete denial. Unfortunately, it was the denial.

This is about 36 lbs lost and my current after picture:
Love this!


I am aiming to lose another 18 pounds in the coming months. 

The plan to lose this weight you ask:
  • Portion Control
  • Great Food Choices(with occasion indulgences)
  • Training for half marathons
  • Begin weight training
  • Being as active as possible 
I have lost 48 lbs since my heaviest weight of 175. Oh, and I am just under 5'0'' tall. I did most of it without dieting. I just changed my lifestyle. I started going to the gym instead of diving into my pantry. 


If there is anything I have learned in the past year and a half, it is that I am doing this for ME! I used to try to lose weight so I could find a hot guy(Ha! I found one when I was almost 20 pounds heavier than I am now). I used to try to lose weight so that people would look at me like wow she has a great body. Now, I choose to lose this weight because everyday I look in the mirror and think 'Look at what you have accomplished. You keep looking better and better. You are happier, healthier and live a better life!' 


Visit my other pages:
Get to Know Me
Goals for 2011
Workout Page

4 comments:

  1. You look A-MAZ-ING! I don't know where you're gonna lose that extra 18lbs from.
    Have you ever tried peanut butter IN your oatmeal? OMG. Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy buckets girl! What a difference. You look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you look great! Your hard work has definitely paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fantastic! I seriously had to reread twice to make sure you really said you planning to lose more weight - what are you doing, cutting off an arm? I am with you on the crazy weekend eating - today we had a snow day and I finished lunch at 4pm??

    ReplyDelete